Ériu Dance Company promotes Irish dance as a living, ever-evolving tradition, through the creation of new work that educates, surprises and inspires.
Collaborating with a range of artistic disciplines, and drawing inspiration from complex social issues, Ériu challenges preconceptions of what Irish dance is, and can address. Ériu continually celebrates – and pushes the boundaries of – the Irish dance tradition, with a view to developing audiences for the dance form, nationally and internationally.
Ériu is an important platform for dedicated Irish dancers to develop professional careers centred on artistic excellence, and integrity.
- To create new work that is well-researched, rigorous, and of the highest artistic standard.
- To take risks – aesthetically, contextually, and narratively – to produce provocative and ambitious work that is also undeniably rooted in the tradition of Irish dance.
Education and Outreach
- To offer opportunities for company members to develop professional skills beyond dance performance.
- To nurture the next generation of Irish dancers through regular workshops.
- To deepen our relationship with the 3rd level institutes through student mentoring, and performance opportunities.
- to collaborate with a range of artists across cultures and artistic disciplines, and encourage different audiences to experience the enriching potential of live dance performance.
- to engage audiences in areas of the country with limited access to contemporary Irish dance.
- to disseminate our work as widely as possible through venue partnerships in Ireland and abroad.